The recipe that I’m gonna share with you today is taken from Allrecipes.com. I was searching for another chocolate chip cookie recipe, and lo and behold! It appeared in Google as the best, big, fat, chewy chocolate chip cookie. I got intrigued by that name. Who wouldn’t? Cookie lovers would definitely get enticed by that!
I made it yesterday, followed most of the instructions and applied some of the suggestions by others who tried it.
And I came up with this:
It was perfect, and true — it’s really chewy!
This is the recipe that I used:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup margarine, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate droplets
1. Preheat oven to 165 degree Celsius. Line pan with wax paper.
2. Sift together all dry ingredients except the chocolate droplets.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the melted margarine and the brown and white sugar.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and blend together with an electric mixer.
5. Add the eggs and vanilla to the batter and continue mixing until well blended.
6. Using a spatula (or spoon), mix evenly the chocolate droplets to the batter.
7. Use a spoon to scoop the batter and place it on the lined pan, with enough space apart. Bake for 25 minutes.
This recipe yielded 22 big cookies.
What I love really is it’s chewy, and Kristoff loves it. However, the following day, it seemed too sweet for me already. I suggest to lessen the sugar, and I’ll do that next time somebody in the house would crave for cookies.